Thursday, July 1, 2010

USA-Uganda-USA-Uganda_May 26, 2011

Staying in Lukaya Uganda (June 2010 - March 2011), had pushed many food choices my way. How to deal with simple food waste, choosing local foods, pre-packaged foods, processed foods, fish, chicken, eggs, goat, cow, insects, sugar, soda, glass bottles, plastic bottles, local fruit drinks, buying prepared meals from kitchens, and buying food that i can grow myself. Another question was plastic bags, since every little thing i buy is handed to me in a small plastic baggie. How was I to deal with trash or garbage that can't be composted or returned to the earth's cycle. I gained some local living experiences that may not be able to be explained in one breath.
In February 2011, I had a family emergency in the U.S.A. and spend 1 month before returning to Uganda. Going through the food and purchasing choices in the U.S. was difficult and out of my hands at times. I could not believe some of the choices i made because they were really not like me. What to eat?
Now, back in Uganda in April and trying to get settled into a different living apartment and a different neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment