Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lukaya, Day 3


The power source: heaven or hell. Good news I found charcoal for me to live, bad news. charcoal is contributing to deforestation, good news; im using an improved efficiency charcoal stove. bad news- I have no clue.
finished product: more rice. I cooked three batches of rice, my style. Or as best as i could get to a simmer. Using rocks and bricks to raise lower pot to control heat. I was full on the second batch, saved the third for next day. my friends are going to help me tomorrow to cook rice Lukayan style. doesn't make much sense to me, but it will be using cooking oil to fry onions then add tomatoes, finally add uncooked rice to make the meal. we will see.
The big Deal was getting charcoal. any other day, many shops carry it. but today was exceptionally difficult. We stopped at 5 shops before i could get my hands on some. David hooked me up with some eggs. one was broken, I just ate it raw when i got home. small ripe sweet bananas I bought didn't last long. Derrick and i quickly ate them all sitting on the veranda.

1 comment:

  1. Consuming a raw egg? That's Rocky Balboa stuff right there.

    ReplyDelete