Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Uganda Bound

From New Jersey to Amsterdam (AMS) I caught a seat next to a cat named Iranny. eventually (I mean Quickly) the conversation got to Food. I got her to my Facebook page and spent too much time showing off the Pics of food in my phone. Everything was great. She's working as some type of catering service cook and showed me her rewards of taking home work food that would go to waste. lots of pretty food. Iranny also talked about sharing and distributing the food with others and the management issues that are facing the food market.
From wam - feast or famine


on board the flight, I grabbed a few waste items around me, cheese, crackers, bread. Then, in AMS airport, after picking up a banana laying on the plane, i scored coffee, a croissant, tuna baguette, caramel glazed cookie, and missed my opportunity to snatch an apple.
From wam - feast or famine


the flight meals were an issue with me, I sucked up and took the servings. I later discussed the situation with a flight attendant. She joked that if i didn't eat the meal the she would eat it. but she warned that some meals wont be served, and will be tossed. there is more tossed that what can be eaten. She got me to think of the food as already waste! … kinda like the whole idea of a vegetarian being teased about eating meat. " it's already Dead!"

Joe and Elaine gave me a gift back in Jersey. a bamboo tea cup. Perfect because I forgot anything that resembles a drinking tool. Took it on the plane. asked for tea to be poured in my cup not a disposable cup. good stuff. at the end of flight, the attendant that was serving me asked about it so i got a quick chance to share my limited feelings about disposable Items.

From wam - feast or famine

didn't eat anything else the rest of the night. arrived Entebbe, Uganda around 730pm, then directly went to Lukaya, there by 11pm, good drive time, real good.

From wam - feast or famine

No comments:

Post a Comment